These moist, scrumptious, and delicately sweet persimmon cookies are light enough for a mid-morning snack and perfect as an after-dinner treat with a cup of tea. As the cookies bake, your kitchen will fill with the aroma of nutmeg, clove, and cinnamon and you’ll be swept right into the spirit of the holiday season.
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup organic coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, or coconut oil (solid form)
- 1/2 cup Fuyu persimmon puree, about 1 persimmon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup raisins or cranberries
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine oat and almond flours, coconut sugar, baking powder, cardamom, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Mix well.
- Cut in vegan butter until the mixture becomes crumbly.
- Add persimmon puree and vanilla, and mix well to form a dough.
- Fold in raisins and walnuts. If your mixture is too dry, add more puree.
- Drop by teaspoonful onto the prepared baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12 -15 minutes until the edges are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack to finish cooling and crisp up.