Black Currant and Overnight Oats with Chia Seeds
Ramp up the start of your day with this berry-licious and quick breakfast of overnight oats. Packed with antioxidants and vitamin C, as well as healthy fiber, this breakfast will kick up your energy and keep you satisfied for hours. Serves two, or keep it in the fridge and enjoy over two days.
Ingredients for Overnight Oats:
- 1 cup rolled oats (gluten free if required)
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup freeze dried blackcurrants crushed to a powder (10g/0.35oz)
- 1 Tb maple syrup (optional)
- Pinch salt
- Lemon juice freshly squeezed (to taste)
- Golden Raisins
- Golden kiwifruit
- Stir all overnight oats ingredients, except the lemon juice, together in a jar or other sealed container. Refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, stir the overnight oats and break up any lumps. Add a squeeze of lemon juice to taste.
- Serve with berries and fruit of your choice.