A healthy start to dinner, this winter salad is robust in flavor, color, and nutrition. Cranberries add color and sweetness against the vibrant dark greens and purple radicchio. Walnuts and raw broccoli slaw bring on the crunch and provide nutrition for the mind. The entire salad is complemented by a lemon vinaigrette dressing. The result is super-delicious! 69 word intro
Ingredients for Vinaigrette
- 1/2 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt, or to taste
- 3 – 4 Tbs extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon zest, lemon juice, sugar, mustard, and fine sea salt, whisking until the sugar and salt are dissolved.
- Add 3 tablespoons of the oil in a slow stream, whisking constantly until the dressing is well blended. Season with fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- If desired, whisk in the remaining oil in a slow stream, whisking constantly. DO AHEAD: The vinaigrette can be prepared ahead and refrigerated in an airtight container up to 3 days.
- 2 oz. chopped baby spinach leaves
- 2 oz. finely shredded radicchio
- 3 oz. chopped Belgian Endive
- 3 oz. chopped savoy cabbage
- 1/3 package of organic shredded broccoli slaw
- 1/2 cup walnuts halves and pieces (or your favorite nut)
- 2 oz dried, unsweetened cranberries (or currants, or diced apple pieces if you prefer)
- In a salad bowl, gently mix greens, cranberries, add nuts with dressing. Divide among plates.
- If using apple, dice and sprinkle over the top of each salad plate.
- Drizzle dressing over salad plates.
- Garnish with a sprig of parsley, if desired.